Seriously sensitive teeth

So one day I just had really sensitive teeth (for the record I did have sensitive teeth before but not to such a extent)
The pain was so bad that I couldn't drink cold - Room temp water and eating on that side oh god...

My dentist said that I should use sensitive tooth paste but it that fails then I have to get a root canal
Is that any other dentists that could shine a second opinion for me?

Thanks Bobby`

Solutions
I'm not a dentist but heavy contacts and grinding can cause sensitivity and it would be a pity to do a root canal if that's a cause. Are you often clenching the jaw? How long have you had the intense pain?

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you've had sensitive teeth for some time, I find the most likely cause is too many acidic drinks: soft drinks, fruit juices. If that describes you, then you have to cut those back if you want to let the sensitive toothpaste work effectively. If it's just one tooth, then could be decay, a failed filling, an abrasion defect, a crack, etc. Do you have X-rays to show me?

Vote:

Ask a Question