Serious post on swallowing/teeth clenching

I've recently been to the dentist and was told i've been clenching my teeth. I realized that i can't swallow without biting down and sucking in my saliva and now that i try to keep my teeth apart, I can't remember how i should swallow. I can swallow without my teeth touching but it feels weird and unnatural. Should I just stick with it and get used to it with time?

How do you normally swallow? Do you bite down and suck in your saliva like me? or are you able to do so without your teeth touching and if so...how?

Solutions
I am doing the same thing. I just put a post in here about swallowing. I am having trouble with my bite. Can't get it adjusted where my teeth don't hit when I swallow. Been to the dentist twice and he ground on my teeth which I hear shouldn't be done. I have been trying to swallow without my teeth coming together also. Don't know if it is bad for you or not. I think normally your teeth touch when you swallow. I have got to have some relief but I am not sure what to do. I went back and saw him today and I am worse now than I was. Good luck with your problem.

Vote:

Ask a Question