Sensitivity Gradually Getting Worse

Lower Left Molar (#19) had old Metal Filling that cracked six months ago. Dentist told me that it may need Root Canal, but he was going to first try replacing the filling, which he did successfully. Then two months ago I started feeling cold sensitivity to that same tooth. Concerned that the filling was failing, I went back, but x-rays and exam showed no problem. Sensitivity to cold continued, with only an occasional soreness, so I returned. Again x-rays / exam showed nothing. Was referred to Endodontist, who concluded that Root Canal wasn't necessary yet but may happen eventually. Last few weeks, sensitivity has gotten worse, but no pain. Get a slight discomfort drinking cold, and a twinge occasionally just taking deep breath. There is no pain, but just a feeling of pressure that is pretty constant. I also have sensitivity on the tooth directly above #19, but some also on the other side of my mouth as welI. It seems my whole mouth just feels different. Sometimes It feels like there is some sticky substance on all of my molars! I have had grinding issues in the past and I wonder if all this can be caused by a return of that. Or maybe they are getting overly sensitive as I age (52 yrs old.) I have just started using sensitive toothpaste. My Dad and older brother lost all their teeth prematurely due to poor care and I am very careful. I am not averse to any procedure but want to be sure that any procedure is indeed necessary and will fix the problem. Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone? Thanks in advance!

Ask a Question