Sensitive Filling

I've only ever had one filling in my adult teeth and it was done several years ago. I'm only 18 and my teeth are pretty good otherwise and haven't had any other issues except for slight acidic erosion of the edges of my front teeth.
If I remember correctly, I had the filling done, then went back months or years later and mentioned I felt some sensitivity with the tooth still, so the dentist re-did it.
Since then I still feel sensitivity, but only with very cold things - the only time I can ever remember it hurting with sensitivity is when I eat ice cream. I also chew ice cream which means my teeth are screaming even more.. I'm pretty sure teeth are somewhat sensitive to very cold or hot food or drink, it's just I notice it much more where my filling is in my molar while the ice cream is touching it, but as soon as I swallow it goes back to feeling normal. My filling is white and as I don't eat ice cream that often it doesn't feel sensitive that often.
Sometimes I will have off days where it is more sensitive but most of the time it's just like my other teeth (other than when eating ice cream!). I've ignored it til now as I've been living with it for years... ever since I first had it done it has been sensitive, and less so after the second time it was done. It's not painful or a burden on my life, I just started worrying that maybe it's worse than I think it is? Maybe it needs doing.. again?! Every time I go to the dentist he says my teeth are fine.
Is what's happening normal or am I right to be worried? I'm thinking of seeing my dentist but I don't really want to have to have the filling re-done again. I can just imagine this going on forever!

Ask a Question