Seniors with Implants

I have upper dentures which fit horribly and I wear as little as possible. However, my concern now is my bottom front teeth which I know are going to have to be pulled. My question: What is the cost of dental implants. I was told that implants come in "quarters" and I was quoted $20K for (I guess) my whole mouth. I do want implants but at almost 77 years young, I don't want to empty my bank account for them. So, can you implant one or two teeth, or was I misinformed?

Unfortunately, one or two implants can not handle your entire bite forces. If you want permanent teeth, a minimum of 4 dental implants is needed. This is called an all-on-4, and the cost is around 20k as you had mentioned. Less expensive options are overdentures, where your denture locks onto 2 or 4 implants. Now this is a removable option, but much more comfortable than dentures alone. Plus, overdentures are typically far less expensive, costing around 5 to 10k. Don't forget, 77 is the new 57, and investing a bit into more comfortable teeth is certainly worth it for most!

Vote:

Ask a Question