Second opinion

Solutions
So I went to the dentist and we talked about what I can do about the discoloration on my upper right central and lateral. The doscoleration is from old filling material and so whitning alone won't fix the problem; although, I am getting whiting done.

She told me I should get the upper right and left centrals crowned and get veneer's for the upper right and left laterals. I do have a chip but it doesn't cause pain of any kind, I supposed I can see why I might crown that... I also have a bit of overlap on the upper right and left centrals so rather than get braces I suppose I could get them both crowned. I understand why the upper right lateral needs a veneer but why, even if I get the two centrals crowned and a veneer on the upper right lateral, would I need a veneer on the upper left lateral? Is all this work really necessary? Perhaps I can get away with just two veneers on the upper right central and lateral along with some whiting?

newMouth.jpg

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Photos are quite blurry.
How did your incisor get chipped? Do you bite your nails or open things with your teeth?

Vote:
Solutions
Photos are quite blurry.
How did your incisor get chipped? Do you bite your nails or open things with your teeth?

To be completely honest, I don't remember how it got chipped. I took another photo:

new.jpg

I hope that is a bit better. I am not sure why they are so blurry.

Vote:

Ask a Question