Scraped enamel of tooth?

Solutions
Hi,

I noticed there was a bit of plaque on my front tooth so I used a dental scaler and scraped it off, anyway, while doing so I accidentally slid the scaler over my other front tooth a couple of times which didn’t have any plaque on it and I am really worried that I may have damaged the enamel is any way? Do you think I may have damaged my enamel?

I am so worried!

Thanks

Solutions
Does it look damaged? If it looks normal then stop worrying. Enamel is one of the toughest natural substances. Dentists have to use high power drills to get through it. If you are still worried then see your dentist. I'm sure the worst case scenario is that the dentist can give the tooth a quick polish.

Vote:
I stupidly did the same and can see the damage I’ve done so I’m devastated as I’m going to have to have bonding to fix the problem now. Damage can’t be seen when my enamel is wet so if yours looks ok when it’s dry I’m sure it will be fine. Thank god you only did one. I’ve done all of my front ones and they are white and rough at the gumline (when the enamel is dry) I havent slept for weeks as I wake up thinking about how I’ve destroyed them and how it will cost me thousands to fix. If it wasn’t for the fact I have kids I’d have bowed out it’s destroying me that much

Vote:
Solutions
I stupidly did the same and can see the damage I’ve done so I’m devastated as I’m going to have to have bonding to fix the problem now. Damage can’t be seen when my enamel is wet so if yours looks ok when it’s dry I’m sure it will be fine. Thank god you only did one. I’ve done all of my front ones and they are white and rough at the gumline (when the enamel is dry) I havent slept for weeks as I wake up thinking about how I’ve destroyed them and how it will cost me thousands to fix. If it wasn’t for the fact I have kids I’d have bowed out it’s destroying me that much
Try not to worry. Your teeth near the gums are pretty much always wet and any damage you think you caused is probably nothing to worry unless you're in constant pain. It doesn't cost much to see a dentist to reassure yourself. Teeth are pretty resilient.

Vote:
Does it look damaged? If it looks normal then stop worrying. Enamel is one of the toughest natural substances. Dentists have to use high power drills to get through it. If you are still worried then see your dentist. I'm sure the worst case scenario is that the dentist can give the tooth a quick polish.
Do you think we can damage the enamel for over brushing or rough brushing? I take care of my teeth a-lot. But recently have seen scratch like brown stains in my front teeth. And it's just increasing day by day. I am really worried about it as it also looks bad since it's front teeth. Do you think it's just stain from food or is is damaged enamel due to over brushing or rough brushing. If the enamel is damaged, is there any treatment to correct it?

Vote:
Hi,

I noticed there was a bit of plaque on my front tooth so I used a dental scaler and scraped it off, anyway, while doing so I accidentally slid the scaler over my other front tooth a couple of times which didn’t have any plaque on it and I am really worried that I may have damaged the enamel is any way? Do you think I may have damaged my enamel?

I am so worried!

Thanks
Do you see any color difference in your teeth because of it?

Vote:
Solutions
Do you think we can damage the enamel for over brushing or rough brushing? I take care of my teeth a-lot. But recently have seen scratch like brown stains in my front teeth. And it's just increasing day by day. I am really worried about it as it also looks bad since it's front teeth. Do you think it's just stain from food or is is damaged enamel due to over brushing or rough brushing. If the enamel is damaged, is there any treatment to correct it?
A friend who had lovely teeth overbrushed them years ago. Nothing terrible happened, they just didn't look as white as before. Maybe you are just eating foods that stain. Best to discuss with your dental hygienist.

Vote:

Ask a Question