Scared I have periodontic disease

So after 3 years without a dentist, several cavities and a root canal later…I was told last ween I need to be measured the space in my gum. Worst news :( i am so scared I have periodontal disease. I googled the symptoms and I dont really hage bleeding gums, I have a devaying back wisdom tooth getting removed, and this part of my bottom teeth are red. Other then redness and a bit of sorness in corner of mouth (i think due to wisdom tooth)….my gums arnt sorr to the touch, i had one slightky red floss pick on one tooth…but I cant help but feel frightened my teeth are doomed and im in an irreversible situation. My friend tells me I woukd have to be in way worse shape, not brushing my teeth at all, etc…and not to freak out. Please help, Im 31 and trying not to stress…..

Attachments

• D8402C8B-1D00-4A93-B0BB-BA79438F7173.jpeg
    D8402C8B-1D00-4A93-B0BB-BA79438F7173.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 16
Hi, this is Dr Udeshna Singha, consulting dental surgeon from Guwahati, Assam.

You don't have to worry much as there are various grades of periodontal disease which ranges from mild, moderate and severe. From the symptoms that you have mentioned in the above statement, it doesn't seem like you have a severe irreversible periodontal disease. However a clinical evaluation is a must.
Please dont worry. Dentistry is highly advanced in this era and hence you will receive the best treatment. Just visit your dentist and they will take care of you. There is nothing to worry about.

Vote:
Hi, this is Dr Udeshna Singha, consulting dental surgeon from Guwahati, Assam.

You don't have to worry much as there are various grades of periodontal disease which ranges from mild, moderate and severe. From the symptoms that you have mentioned in the above statement, it doesn't seem like you have a severe irreversible periodontal disease. However a clinical evaluation is a must.
Please dont worry. Dentistry is highly advanced in this era and hence you will receive the best treatment. Just visit your dentist and they will take care of you. There is nothing to worry about.
Yes i am going next month for additional cleaning and measurements they said…I know my mouth isnt bleeding after brushing, nor fo my teeth feel loose, Ive really been working at brushing twice a day and using mouthwash that is supposevto be great for gums…just wanting the redness to go away…

Vote:

Ask a Question