Scared for periodontal cleaning

I have to do a specialty cleaning to prepare for my dental plan treatment. I am scared and embarrassed because the top right of my tooth has a little bit of black plague on it. I am expecting I need some type of root canal to get the black plaque out if it's possible. If you have bad teeth do you have any tips for anxiety. Would I need to inform the front office of my issues first or the dentist themselves. Lastly do you feel comfortable with multiple dentist crowding you because I don't. Is there a way I could have that accommodated or is that possible.

If you have issues with your back teeth what dental treatment did you receive? I am hoping to get implants.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

A little area of " black plaque " could only be some staining or arrested caries. If it staining, it could be removed with a scaling. If it is arrested caries, a small filling could be done, if a dentist deems it necessary.
It is best to inform your dentist about your concerns. The front office won't really be able to address your concerns fully.
And finally.
Usually a dentist is accompanied by one dental assistant. Sometimes two.
If too many faces makes you feel uncomfortable, raise your concerns with the dentist, and maybe he could offer an alternative, for example only one dental assistant instead of two.
If your usual dentist is a dentist, that trains other dentists, it is still within your rights not to have too many " dental students " crowded around you.

Hope this helps.

Vote:
Good day

A little area of " black plaque " could only be some staining or arrested caries. If it staining, it could be removed with a scaling. If it is arrested caries, a small filling could be done, if a dentist deems it necessary.
It is best to inform your dentist about your concerns. The front office won't really be able to address your concerns fully.
And finally.
Usually a dentist is accompanied by one dental assistant. Sometimes two.
If too many faces makes you feel uncomfortable, raise your concerns with the dentist, and maybe he could offer an alternative, for example only one dental assistant instead of two.
If your usual dentist is a dentist, that trains other dentists, it is still within your rights not to have too many " dental students " crowded around you.

Hope this helps.

I'm assuming the dentist that will clean my teeth is going to tell the other dentist in the back. Do you know how I would approach the topic? I'm assuming casually?

Vote:

Ask a Question