Scared and don't know what to do..

For the past 3 months I've been taking ibeprofen 4 times a day, 24/7. This is because one of 3 molars is causing me a lot of pain. I bought a deltal mirror to check.my.teeth and found that 4 of my molars are very decayed. One.is almost completely hollow, even past the gum line and the side cracked and is now open. I checked with the mirror and i believe the pulp is decaying and causing me 24/7 pain. I filled the cavities with temporary filling material to stop food.and such getting in.

I don't know what to do. I fear I am putting my liver in serious danger and have no money to pay for even NHS dental services. The problem is that I don't get paid until end of april but the pain is now so bad it prevents me from sleeping. I really don't know what to do anymore. If.you.could.offer me advice, please help.

I should also mention I turned 18 a few months ago and haven't been to the dentist since. I have also moved to.scltland.from England after turning 18 so I think I have to register as a new NHS patient. Is this.right?

Solutions
You can go to a dental hospital and have free treatment by students who are training. There are teaching hospitals with dental schools in most major cities in England. Find your nearest school and ask about their process for this route. In the meantime go to your GP and tell them about your painkillers and financial problems. Maybe they will have some advice or be able to put your mind at rest about the painkillers. You should register with a local GP practice in any event.

Vote:
You can go to a dental hospital and have free treatment by students who are training. There are teaching hospitals with dental schools in most major cities in England. Find your nearest school and ask about their process for this route. In the meantime go to your GP and tell them about your painkillers and financial problems. Maybe they will have some advice or be able to put your mind at rest about the painkillers. You should register with a local GP practice in any event.
Another problem is, my financial status is only upset for this month due to a few complications with my wage. i doubt they will do anything as im not in any serious financial trouble

Vote:
Solutions
Another problem is, my financial status is only upset for this month due to a few complications with my wage. i doubt they will do anything as im not in any serious financial trouble
Well in that case it costs nothing to register as an NHS patient right now with both a local GP practice and a local NHS dentist. You should do this now as sometimes you have to wait a while for an appointment or there may be a waiting list for NHS dentistry in your area. Find a practice that has consistently good reviews on both NHS choices and Google and then go on Tuesday and sort out the paperwork. They just need your NI number, proof of address and ID. Beware of any practice that has glowing five star reviews mixed with really bad reviews. Your GP can do a blood test if you are worried about your liver etc. You are entitled to a full health check when you change GP. Try not to worry, not much. Can't you go into temporary overdraft? Banks usually allow that if you speak to them.

Vote:
Well in that case it costs nothing to register as an NHS patient right now with both a local GP practice and a local NHS dentist. You should do this now as sometimes you have to wait a while for an appointment or there may be a waiting list for NHS dentistry in your area. Find a practice that has consistently good reviews on both NHS choices and Google and then go on Tuesday and sort out the paperwork. They just need your NI number, proof of address and ID. Beware of any practice that has glowing five star reviews mixed with really bad reviews. Your GP can do a blood test if you are worried about your liver etc. You are entitled to a full health check when you change GP. Try not to worry, not much. Can't you go into temporary overdraft? Banks usually allow that if you speak to them.
Again, im currently on an under 19's bank account which means no overdraft, fucking lloyds wont let me upgrade to a normal one.

Vote:
Solutions
Next time you have any money open a bank account with another bank without such draconian conditions. But in the meantime please do go register with a dentist and doctor. I'm sure a practice would treat you on the basis that you will pay at the end of the month.

Vote:
yeah, the closest dentist offers a free examination when you register with the nhs. I will get one as soon as i can and see what they do from there. assuming treatment is the max at £350 roughly, i should be able to make a deposit of maybe 35% or something so hopefully i can get sorted.

Vote:

Ask a Question