Scaling-induced Gum recession

I have to be honest and say that I don t really trust dentists so much...in my life I have 2 horrible life-long consequential mistakes due to them. Since I have went to really only the best dentists, often forgoing the insurance plan.

Now I have some periodontal disease which is wose around some teeth more tha others. Frankly, my doc never told me that more than 50 percent of people have periodontal disease, they kind of scared me.. I now floss on a daily basis and don't see anymore blood ever.

The issue I have is that my dentist is suggesting that before I change my crowns, on the front, that i do deep cleaning there. Well the problem is that deep cleaning has always non-surprisingly resulted in a recession of the gum. While if I had to do it, it would be smart to do this before the new crowns, I am just not sure how important this is. I am scared that the recession will lead to funny looking crown, longer teeth on the inside of my mouth if you see what I mean... My doc never told me that I had a really bad case of periodontitis. I am thinking of telling him no, and that I won t do deep cleaning until I see that I really really need it. Meanwhile I will just floss everyday and take care of them....

Thoughts are much much appreciated...thanks

Ps: if there are some measurable parameters that you want me to ask him pls let me know

hi
Practicing good oral hygiene is usually enough in the majority of cases, either caused of improper toothbrushing or by gum disease, to provide natural cure for receding gums. non-surgical treatments for gum recession may include desensitizing toothpastes. There are several toothpastes against tooth sensitivity, with agents such as sodium chloride or potassium salts .Tooth scaling and Root planing. Professional deep cleaning of the tooth surfaces below the gum line may be required to treat gum disease and stop the gum recession.

Vote:

Ask a Question