same root canal treated 3 times+ implants

Hi there.. I would do with an opinion.
My upper 4th tooth has root canals treated 3 times. Last time ~ 2 months ago, but tooth reminds of itself still today. It doesn't hurt when pressed on, x rays come back clean - two other dentists confirmed it looks filled good, with quality materials, no visible signs of infection......but it still keeps hurting. It has its bad and good days. Interesting that pain lessen on days, after Corsodyl is used (however I haven't noticed any problems with my gums).
I've also heard theories that if tooth canals are treated 2 times, it should come out, if third treatment is required, due to low success rate.

But.. all my worries are because......... I have missing 5th and 6th teeth on the same side - so a quite a gap next to painful tooth. I want/need to put dental implants. As there is a gap of 2 teeth and possible third is failing too - wouldn't it be reasonable to pull 4th out, let it heal and place 2 implants, supporting all three teeth??
If I leave 4th in - i still need to fill a gap of 5th and 6th - and as I understand - it can not be done with 1 implant. So 2 implants are going to replace 5th and 6th. And what after short while 4th eventually fails?? This is quite in front and it has to be replaced - so I will need to place third implant in a row. I've heard it might be tricky for a bone to support 3 implants next to each other - not speaking of financial aspect.

What should I do? Should I pull 4th out or wait?
sorry for such a long story..its just - I am so confused.......

any opinions or similar experiences muchly appreciated.
x
+ perhaps it is worth to mention my root canal was little overfilled (confirmed in xray) - just read it in other toppic. This could be a reason for pain.

Last edited:

Ask a Question