Ruined Veneers

I was wondering if anyone knows what the grounds are for getting dental veneers redone or refunded in the UK at a private dentist? I had 8 top veneers which were too big for my mouth and too thick. I returned to my dentist today to explain my concerns and he was like yep we’ll just take some of the length off and thin them out which he did but now I’ve been left with completely ruined veneers as the thinning has drilled off all the shiny protective finish and now they are marked with kind of ridges, not smooth at all and completely matt and dull. The dentist didn’t say this would happen and I don’t know if the dentist is at fault or the lab for making the veneers too thick? I spent thousands on them and feel like I’ve thrown my money down the drain.

I will speak to them about it but wanted to see if I have the right to ask for my money back or for them to be redone as I absolutely do not have the teeth I paid for.

Thank you for any advice anyone can offer.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I'm from the US but since you paid a lot of money for them, it would be prudent to discuss your concerns with the dentist with possible replacements or refund.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you aren't happy with their initial talk, put it down in writing, keep records of your conversations, and consider approaching the GDC.

Vote:

Ask a Question