Root planing/scaling in one visit? Same day as bridge work?

So I posted a question about a faulty bridge, and went and got a second opinion. The second dentist was looking at my previous bill and said he saw a ton of red flags and I'm curious if he's right.

During my very first visit to the initial dentist:
1. I was charged for root planing/scaling, for all four quadrants, on the same day. Second dentist says my bone is too healthy for that procedure. Is root planing not possible for some patients?

2. Is it possible to do root planing/scaling on the same day that I had a bridge put in?

3. How long does root planing/scaling take? I was at the dentist for about 4 hours total on that day. According to my bill I had pics and xrays taken, a cleaning done, laser treatment, antibact something done, a partial tooth extracted, a bone graft done, two teeth prepped to support the bridge, and a temporary bridge placed. The only section of my mouth that I remember being numbed was the bridge section. My gums were sore the next couple days, but not sure if laser can do that also.

Does that sound like reasonable work or suspicious? I also called insurance to ask questions and they were never billed for the work I had done, which definitely sounds suspicious. Just trying to get answers and feedback before I submit a claim. Thanks.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I'm sorry but it appears like your first dentist was production hungry and he or she is over-treating you. There are many reasons why the first dentist has all that time to produce "work" on you for your first visit. That dentist may have scared away many patients.

Vote:

Ask a Question