Root canal x ray, does it look ok ?

Solutions
Hello, I’ve had a root canal done yesterday. Looking at the the x ray is it possible that two of the root canals are much shorter or perhaps they are calcified and they are actually longer? I can’t see a root canal past the filling so does that meant my root canal ends there? The dentist is ringing me back on Friday but just wanted second opinion before then.

Many thanks

Attachments

• 80A22BB0-DAFD-4E0B-A963-9C74C1F227D8.png
    80A22BB0-DAFD-4E0B-A963-9C74C1F227D8.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 87
  • B88DA89B-A876-4293-A027-85381D6F0B34.png
    B88DA89B-A876-4293-A027-85381D6F0B34.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,
In upper molars the palatal root is often longer than the mesio-buccal or disto-buccal roots. This is a normal occurrence.

Vote:
Solutions
Good day,
In upper molars the palatal root is often longer than the mesio-buccal or disto-buccal roots. This is a normal occurrence.

Thank you for your comment, that gives me hope that everything is ok, I’m in loads of pain but hoping this will ease in the next few days.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It does take a few days to settle. If the pain is still there after 2 weeks, go back for another follow-up with your dentist

Vote:
Solutions
It does take a few days to settle. If the pain is still there after 2 weeks, go back for another follow-up with your dentist

Sorry can I just ask another question, yesterday I’ve noticed that the tooth is still sensitive to cold, (causing as much pain as before procedure) from what I’ve read am I right in thinking that this definitely mean that nerve was left behind? I’ve read that sensitivity to hot/ cold should stop immediately after root canal ?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would still give it about 2 weeks and then re-evaluate the sensitivity and also make sure it is not coming from one of the adjacent teeth. The tooth in front of the root canal treated tooth has a very large filling on it, that seems to be close to the pulp chamber or nerve.

Vote:
Solutions
I would still give it about 2 weeks and then re-evaluate the sensitivity and also make sure it is not coming from one of the adjacent teeth. The tooth in front of the root canal treated tooth has a very large filling on it, that seems to be close to the pulp chamber or nerve.
I will do , thank you for your help

Vote:

Ask a Question