root canal work

hi
i had a root canal work done the other day
i day later i starting suffering pain but stuck with it after 1 day i went back and was told i had an abcsess and was put on amoxicillan ive been using this for 24 hours but dosent seen to be getting any better its prob worse if anything
is this normal and how long does it usually take for the antibiotics to take effect im taking doses of 500mg 3 times a day
i was also told my root canal work was fine

To understand how a root canal works, we need to have a basic understanding of the anatomy of the tooth. A tooth is hollow, like our bones, and is composed of several layers. The outermost layer (above the gum-line) is called the enamel. Enamel is the hardest and most mineralized substance in the body. Beneath the gum-line, a substance called cementum covers the tooth roots. Under the enamel and cementum is the dentin. The dentin is about as hard as bone, and, unlike the enamel, dentin contains nerve endings. Beneath the dentin is the dental pulp. The pulp is a vascular tissue, composed of capillaries, larger blood vessels, connective tissue, nerve fibers, and cells including odontoblasts, fibroblasts, macrophages, and lymphocytes. The pulp is needed to nourish the tooth during its growth and development. After a tooth is fully mature, the only function of the pulp is to let us know if it is damaged or infected by transmitting pain.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question