Root canal or not?

Solutions
Hello. I had an silver filling that developed a cavity below a year ago. My dentist removed the silver and crowned the tooth. After about two months I started developing severe temperature sensitivity with pain lasting for several minutes after eating or drinking. I went back to the dentist and he said it needs a root canal. He prescribed me amoxocyllin to prep for the root canal in one month. I have been done with the antibiotics for two weeks and am scheduled for the root canal this week. I haven't had any tooth pain or sensitivity since ending the meds. Do I still need the root canal or did the meds fix the problem? Thank you

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Antibiotics is never a solution to any problem. Most likely it is only masking your symptoms. As soon as the antibiotics is out of your system completely, the pain can return.
Still go to your dentist for the root canal. That is the solution to the problem.

Vote:

Ask a Question