Root Canal needed?

IHJ

I was told recently by my dentist that a front molar is dying in the pulp/root. It tested high reactivity to cold. X-rays showed minor decay in the tooth and the shallow filling was replaced as it was 24 years old. I did fall on my face a year and a half ago. Since then, there has been no pain in the tooth until two weeks ago. Currently, the pain level is very minimal, although it took a week and a half for the pain to go away after the filling procedure. I have been using colloidal silver internally and swishing around the tooth. Is it possible to avoid a root canal or will the tooth continue to deteriorate despite any holistic efforts on my part? Thank you!

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The nerve/pulp/root canal can be very fragile and very sensitive to trauma, cavities, and drilling.. In the molar, there could be 3, 4, sometimes 5 root canals present and some of them may be good while others may be damaged or dying so tests, symptoms, and x-rays can be very difficult to distinguish. The best way to avoid a root canal is to avoid any trauma to the tooth including having little to no cavities/fillings. You cannot take any holistic efforts to cure or prevent pulpal deterioration. Prevention is key.

Vote:

Ask a Question