Root canal infection, Endodontist doesn't have an opening for at least another 5 weeks


Joined
Aug 19, 2021
Messages
2
A tooth that had a prior root canal (years ago) has been bothering me since a few days. Visited my dentist and they said it was infected, and that I should get it retreated as an emergency. They recommended an Endodontist, but the Endodontist office doesn't have any openings till at least another 5 weeks. So, now I am concerned. Would it be OK to wait for that long?
 
Ad

Advertisements

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
674
Solutions
108
Good day

If there is infection, I assume they prescribed you antibiotics? If you have completed the course, it should be fine to wait. Just keep an eye on the tooth for any flare ups.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Aug 19, 2021
Messages
2
Hello, Dr M! My dentist did not prescribe any antibiotics. I chatted with them about the wait and they said it should be OK. They said they'd rather have me visit this endodentist because he is (supposedly) the best. So, waiting... Thank you so much for your advice!
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top