Root canal infection, Endodontist doesn't have an opening for at least another 5 weeks

A tooth that had a prior root canal (years ago) has been bothering me since a few days. Visited my dentist and they said it was infected, and that I should get it retreated as an emergency. They recommended an Endodontist, but the Endodontist office doesn't have any openings till at least another 5 weeks. So, now I am concerned. Would it be OK to wait for that long?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

If there is infection, I assume they prescribed you antibiotics? If you have completed the course, it should be fine to wait. Just keep an eye on the tooth for any flare ups.

Vote:
Hello, Dr M! My dentist did not prescribe any antibiotics. I chatted with them about the wait and they said it should be OK. They said they'd rather have me visit this endodentist because he is (supposedly) the best. So, waiting... Thank you so much for your advice!

Vote:

Ask a Question