Root Canal gum having a pea like buble

Hi All

I got my root canals done in late 2006 on a tooth (the upper molar : 6th tooth on left side from center), I got my crowns done in Aug 2007 after waiting for 6 months to check if everything is good for enough.

Now in Feb 2010 I got a pea like bubble on the gum near the end of root (where root end, near mouth top). Yesterday i went to my dentist, after waiting for a month for appointment. I got X-rayed ( i was expecting this), But there was nothing fishy stuff in X-Ray, the canal were clean and good enough for the dentist.

He was happy with it, but the problem is since i got this stuff on my gum, there is out to have some infection in there. He recommended me seeing a Endo dentist, which I will. After I persisted about any medication / antibiotics that might help me. He prescribed my an antibiotic and painkiller.

So my question is what options do I have:
a) Get a root canal again on same tooth by Endo dentist (but I see everything fine in X Ray)
b) Get an apicoectomy for the affected gum (But I don't see any infection in XRay)
c) Get tooth removed (I don't wanna do that)
d) Can I get this thing off my gum using some medications if possible.

By the way, the bead like stuff on the Gum doesn't hurt me much.. But dentist suggested me it is not health to have it either. What will happen if I just let it be there for some more time say 1 year approx, before I can use my insurance to take care of it.

and what are the chances if I get performed again that it will be successful this time not come back after few years.

Hi All

I got my root canals done in late 2006 on a tooth (the upper molar : 6th tooth on left side from center), I got my crowns done in Aug 2007 after waiting for 6 months to check if everything is good for enough.

Now in Feb 2010 I got a pea like bubble on the gum near the end of root (where root end, near mouth top). Yesterday i went to my dentist, after waiting for a month for appointment. I got X-rayed ( i was expecting this), But there was nothing fishy stuff in X-Ray, the canal were clean and good enough for the dentist.

He was happy with it, but the problem is since i got this stuff on my gum, there is out to have some infection in there. He recommended me seeing a Endo dentist, which I will. After I persisted about any medication / antibiotics that might help me. He prescribed my an antibiotic and painkiller.

So my question is what options do I have:
a) Get a root canal again on same tooth by Endo dentist (but I see everything fine in X Ray)
b) Get an apicoectomy for the affected gum (But I don't see any infection in XRay)
c) Get tooth removed (I don't wanna do that)
d) Can I get this thing off my gum using some medications if possible.

By the way, the bead like stuff on the Gum doesn't hurt me much.. But dentist suggested me it is not health to have it either. What will happen if I just let it be there for some more time say 1 year approx, before I can use my insurance to take care of it.

and what are the chances if I get performed again that it will be successful this time not come back after few years.

Hi
I think its better to treat it before it gets to late. I think you should if your dentist allow you try some mild mouth wash. May be its some oral infection and may be after using mouth wash regularly you will feel better. Also eat healthy like fruits may be they help in healing what you have in your mouth the gum part. If everything is fine in the X-ray then no need to go for root canal.

Regard
Fred

Vote:

Ask a Question