Root canal done on infected 'dead' nerve 6/29/22

YSI

40yrs ago an oral surgeon did a root canal on another tooth, but this tooth was a 'dontist' who said there is only one root?

I remember the oral surgeon seemed to be pulling strands out because he kept wiping stuff on the paper towlette on my chest and exclaiming how long my rootS were.

This time it was a suction device. I was told the root was dead and so they had to suction out the contents. The pull of the suction felt like when you have a thick shake and straw and then there came a moment when the suction had nothing left to grab onto and the tube sucked open like it does with a shake when there is only froth left at the bottom of the cup-it was a huge physical relief sensation btw.

Xray taken yesterday and shown to me as proof the root was gone, though I was afraid to ask about one tiny darker gray shape I could see on the xray.

For some reason I thought there were multiple roots not just one big root?

My question about dead vs sensation is because one tiny section of the tooth rim had/has pain sensation, to tongue touch and prodding, before and after the removal.

Are there other nerves still linked to a tooth when they remove the core nerve-perhaps an outer gum nerve (?) related to the tooth moving at the base? I had a splitting sensation before so I am still afraid to eat now on that side and apparenly due to infection no temp crown was put on.

Is the core root actually a bundle of strands?

I have a rather massive infection (7mos from phone call for appt, then a drill and fill, and 1mos later I knew I had an infection, and one month after that for the money-grab dentist conversation, money-grab endo consult, and then the carpenter who deserves every penny not just his split :)

I had to fight to get seen more timely this time.

I return 6wks from now for what I don't quite know-right now I have a tooth that looks the same as when I went in with no temp crown?! ps since they don't give you a running commentary did they remove the old filling and then refill after the suctioning and medicating the infection? He mentioned brown stuff and it would taste bad-is that betadine?

What exactly connects the bottom of our teeth to our body?!

American dentistry needs help. The dentist wait room never has more than 5 people in it and the dontist had 30 work stations and only 2 were in use-and I was bumped upward 2hrs by other patients calling and cancelling.

Solutions
40yrs ago an oral surgeon did a root canal on another tooth, but this tooth was a 'dontist' who said there is only one root?

I remember the oral surgeon seemed to be pulling strands out because he kept wiping stuff on the paper towlette on my chest and exclaiming how long my rootS were.

This time it was a suction device. I was told the root was dead and so they had to suction out the contents. The pull of the suction felt like when you have a thick shake and straw and then there came a moment when the suction had nothing left to grab onto and the tube sucked open like it does with a shake when there is only froth left at the bottom of the cup-it was a huge physical relief sensation btw.

Xray taken yesterday and shown to me as proof the root was gone, though I was afraid to ask about one tiny darker gray shape I could see on the xray.

For some reason I thought there were multiple roots not just one big root?

My question about dead vs sensation is because one tiny section of the tooth rim had/has pain sensation, to tongue touch and prodding, before and after the removal.

Are there other nerves still linked to a tooth when they remove the core nerve-perhaps an outer gum nerve (?) related to the tooth moving at the base? I had a splitting sensation before so I am still afraid to eat now on that side and apparenly due to infection no temp crown was put on.

Is the core root actually a bundle of strands?

I have a rather massive infection (7mos from phone call for appt, then a drill and fill, and 1mos later I knew I had an infection, and one month after that for the money-grab dentist conversation, money-grab endo consult, and then the carpenter who deserves every penny not just his split :)

I had to fight to get seen more timely this time.

I return 6wks from now for what I don't quite know-right now I have a tooth that looks the same as when I went in with no temp crown?! ps since they don't give you a running commentary did they remove the old filling and then refill after the suctioning and medicating the infection? He mentioned brown stuff and it would taste bad-is that betadine?

What exactly connects the bottom of our teeth to our body?!

American dentistry needs help. The dentist wait room never has more than 5 people in it and the dontist had 30 work stations and only 2 were in use-and I was bumped upward 2hrs by other patients calling and cancelling.
Ysi
I'm really really sorry you had to go through this crazy cray.
Yeah it really turns into madness when you go to one then another dentist and then another and the money starts going and the question start coming and it's very disheartening I will say. Hopefully you are better now? And your questions are answered. I can guess that if it's difficult to get the roots then they do have to scrape to get everything. But it's so easy to have a failed root canal, I had my number 19 fail and they swear always that it looks great on the X-ray but if there's even a tiny bit of nerve there you're going to have the same problem and that tooth I had to have extracted after 3-4 months of pain with dentists in denial.

Vote:

Ask a Question