Root Canal Coverage Cost

Hello, I had what my dentist called a "bad cavity". When he first drilled in and filled it he said I needed a root canal. I wasn't having pain so he then said he would just put a crown on it. Once he put the temporary crown on I was in a ton of pain and when I went in to have the permanent crown placed on he said that I would need a root canal and get fitted for another permanent crown. Should I have to pay for the permanent crown that was never placed on me for the cavity filling? Thanks in advance!

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You should only pay once for the crown. Many times your dentist or an endodontist can access the root canal without altering the crown margins and should be able to use the same permanent crown. If it was my case, I keep the temporary crown and not proceed with the permanent crown until we both know the tooth is vital or it needs a root canal.

Vote:

Ask a Question