retreat root vs implant

so I put same topic in periodontics section, but maybe its better to put it here

so I've seen two periodontist for opinion due to my 2nd molar on bottom left had root canal done years ago, potentially had fracture near root now(diagonal/horizontal), sometime its sored/hurt. also gum pocket about 7/8mm deep on that molar had some bone loss. both periodontist agree with this diagnosis.

But 1st one recommend me for a dental implant to save the trouble for future fix, the other one said my gum near molar is in good shape, and the tooth is not wiggling, recommend to open the gum, fix the fracture and any other issues(such as deep gum packet issue).

I don't know which one I should choose, I would like to keep my tooth, I brush twice daily, use floss + mouth wash every night, so my gum everything is good, except that molar issue. But I don't want fix it now only have to have it replaced with implant few years later.

Base on my symptom, any dentist on this forum has any opinion on this? How would you even fix fracture that's near root, and how to fix the deep gum packet issue, so no future bone loss occur?

Ask a Question