Resin vs inlays/onlays

Hi,

So, I have 15 amalgams that I am having removed by a biological dentist soon and I have questions about alternatives.

-i can have resin but I am concerned about chemicals and plastics.

-I have been told onlays look great but can chip and dont last long.

What are the pros and cons to both for some pretty big amalgams and some smaller ones too... other than costs.

i have xrays I can post if it helps

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Xrays would help. But even so, neither amalgams or resin have any health concerns. A dentist cannot legally say that changing amalgams over to resin will improve your health because this is a false health statement. Generally, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Nothing dental comes without pros and cons, and nothing lasts forever. We're just doing smash repairs on a small scale.

Vote:
Appreciate the reply.

I understand a dentist has their hands tied to playing the party line.

I am broken, so it needs fixing.

Amalgam does come with health concerns as my mercury levels are sky high (lab confirmed with around 10 different heavy metal tests over the last 2 weeks).

I have numerous health issues due to Mercury toxicity (verified by my GP & toxicologist) which has no other possible source as I eat fish about once a month, i dont work in an industry that uses mercury and I have never knowingly been near any other sources.

As soon as my fillings are removed I will be starting chelation to remove 25 yrs of Mercury build-up.

That aside, what is the recommendation for replacing them in terms of materials and techniques used?

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Starting your reply by stating that I am "...playing the party line." is a conversation killer. I am sorry to hear that you have been caught up with "holistic" nonsense. Best of luck.

Vote:
Starting your reply by stating that I am "...playing the party line." is a conversation killer. I am sorry to hear that you have been caught up with "holistic" nonsense. Best of luck.
I am sorry you felt the need to view that as an attack.

I was responding to "A dentist cannot legally say that changing amalgams over to resin will improve your health because this is a false health statement"

There is nothing holistic in my quest.

I have confirmed mercury toxicity with a raft of symptoms that have meant, as military aircrew, I will probably be medically discharged as I am grounded unable to do my job. I have severe memory issues, lack of concentration, headaches, insomnia, horrible mood swings and anger for no reason and motor function issues (to name a few symptoms) which all affect my job, as well as my ability to function as a father and husband.

This was found by a team of 3 conventional GPs, an endocrinologist, a neurologist and toxicologist with several standard medical blood, urine and hair tests.

Zero holistic medicine.

I hope whatever has caused your defensiveness wears off after a great nights sleep.

Vote:

Ask a Question