Remove implant crown

18 months ago my general dentist advised that I have all my teeth extracted and have dentures made. She highly recommended snap on dentures on the bottom jaw which has been done. She is unable to do the upper denture for me because I have an implant to replace tooth #10. Besides this implant, I have only seven other teeth, most of my molars are already extracted, so I am not able to chew even with the snap on dentures. I have been looking for a dentist for over a year who can make an upper denture by first removing The implant crown. None of them want to remove the crown. I even waited two months to see the dentist who placed the implant, but then he refused to remove the crown saying that I need to save my teeth with root canal’s and crowns. He also insulted me by saying I would not have so much decay if I had been seeing a dentist. I had been seeing a dentist twice a month and as soon as a cavity was filled, another one appeared. My regular dentist says my teeth are so decayed and have been filled so many times, that they cannot be saved. I had three teeth crumble because they were filled so many times. I dread having dentures but fear I have no alternative, the decay is near the nerves and it’s urgent that something be done. When the molars were extracted, it showed bone destruction. I have been on many, many dental consultations regarding removing the implant crown in the last year. When I call an office they seem to understand and all insist that I come to the office where yet another x-ray is done, and I’m told this dentist can’t do it. My question is why are dentists who are inserting implants reluctant to remove a crown from an implant and, if it can’t be removed is it possible to make an upper denture around it? Surely with all the implants being done these days,I’m not the only one with this problem. Seeing all these dentists has become very expensive. I’m a senior citizen living only on social security.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You seem to have a complicated teeth conditions. If costs are burdensome, try going to dental school faculty (instructors) for their opinion.

Vote:

Ask a Question