Regret holiday smile make-over

I had a full smile make over at a turkish holiday destination. The treatment to shape my teeth for zirconia crowns was traumatic and I needed emergency treatment from another dentist after my return. This dentist said that he doubt that zirconia has been used as the crown material seemed too soft. I am very concerned now as a highly allergic person. How can I find out? Is there any fake material around instead of zirconia crowns?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If it's some sort of ceramic, then I am unaware of people having allergic responses; only really happens with some poor quality metal alloys. There's nothing particularly outstanding about using zirconia crowns, each material has pros and cons.
Unfortunately you have discovered the downside of tourist dentistry - often rushed, of unknown quality, no possibility of receiving post-op care or compensation if problems arise, and when you return home your local dentist may not really know what has been done to you. Please tell friends and family.

Vote:

Ask a Question