Referred to a periodontist

Hello I was never good with going to the dentist. I had tragic dentist appointment when I was little. Now I started going more like every 3 to 4 years. I went in 2019 Oct and then again today. My dentist said my deep pockets are more 6s 5s and 5s.so she didn't try to clean or anything. She had done x rays and pictures. She gave me a referral to the periodontist. I have horrible anxiety due to incident and my dad had oral cancer due to smoking. So I can't sleep and worrying. Should I get second opinion about the cleaning or referral?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
It would be best to go and see the periodontist. Periodontal disease is not an issue to be taken lightly, and it sounds like you have it. If left untreated, these pockets could deepen, lead to alveolar bone loss and eventually tooth mobility and tooth loss. Go and see the periodontist and have it sorted out as soon as possible.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Usually with the first appointment, they will mainly focus on diagnoses and the formulation of a treatment plan. Thereafter, they will mo forward with root debridement and/ or a scaling, depending on what the treatment plan states.

Vote:
Usually with the first appointment, they will mainly focus on diagnoses and the formulation of a treatment plan. Thereafter, they will mo forward with root debridement and/ or a scaling, depending on what the treatment plan states.
Yah I did go see my husband's dentist for second opinion. She did new x rays and did deep cleaning. She said that they can monitor it and do routine 3 months cleaning. So for now I'm doing good. Thank you

Vote:
I had one more question. I brush my teeths. I have nothing on palate or anywhere else. You know you get those dry spots on core of the lips from not drinking water. I get so busy with my little kids. I dont drink enough water. I been getting like a dry type patch feeling on my palate these days especially after having tea. Like almost like dry skin type feeling on my palate. But once I eat something. That rough patch thing is gone from my palate. I tried to explain it. It goes away and comes after right after I drink tea or something.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
This could be a possible sign of xerostomia or dry mouth. Try taking frequent sips of water during the day and also chew some sugar free gum, to stimulate saliva flow.

Vote:

Ask a Question