Red spot on gum [pic]

Hey guys! I have a question about a red spot on my gum that is a bit painful. I was eating a club sandwhich a couple days ago and it was on some pretty harsh toast, thick and great crust, and didn't think anything of it at the time, but noticed later on that my gum was a bit sore and a little flap seemed to wiggling around. It was a guy's night out drinking beers and going around different pubs and bars and I think I remember tearing that flap off because it was annoying and weird to feel with my tongue, couldn't stop touching it haha, but I don't really remember much of that night. Anyways, Next day I had the same club sandwhich, only ate half (it was huge), and this time noticed that the crust really seemed to irritate that spot. It doesn't hurt terribly, hasn't stopped me from eating at all. I chew on that side of my mouth and noticed the tooth behind it in same gum spot is a little thrashed up as well.
My biggest worry from googling things (big mistake, right?! haha) about red spot on my gum is that it's an abscess or something, so hopefully you guys can give me some input on what it is or if it just needs time to heal.

Thanks
Ryan

Attachments

• IMG_20171211_131511.jpg
    IMG_20171211_131511.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 6,207

Ask a Question