Red lump after removal

I had a bilateral wisdom tooth removal last Tuesday and although the swelling and pain has now gone, I've been left with a movable red lump / sack in my gum (highlighted in picture) where my lower-left wisdom tooth was extracted.
2015-06-08 15.42.09.jpg

I'm not certain, but I think it was there straight after surgery. Is this normal and has anyone else had similar? Thanks for any help.

Had surgery for buried wisdom tooth two months ago have swelling at back of mouth very much like yours did you find anything out about this is it normal and has yours gone plus is there anything i should be doing to help am still swilling with salt water though im not sure it helps thanks for any help jane

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
There could be a few possibilities. The most realistic is normal tissue formation in a reactive healing pattern. Another possibility is having debris or exfoliating bone (sequestrum) trapped under. The worst case scenario is prior to surgery, you had taken medications called bisphosphonates especially injectable forms resulting in bone damage of various severity. If the bump continues to become bothersome, have an image and evaluation.

Vote:

Ask a Question