Red Line on Tongue

Hello, I recently noticed this red line on the side of my tongue towards the back. It looks like a varicose vein (which I do have all over). I had a cleaning last month and my dentist thoroughly examined my tongue at that time due to inflamed papillae. This line was there at the time but he didn’t mention it. Is this something that should be looked at again? Thank you.

C02397E7-EBAB-4D9A-BFF5-7E767D273434.jpeg6E4B3371-6859-40E5-A70D-2B87D16C7E1A.jpeg
The picture on the left is today, the right was taken on June 7th.

Last edited:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

I won't panic. This looks like a variation of normal to me. I would just keep an eye of the area, and if there is any major changes, such as enlargement or ulceration, I would have it checked out again, since the lateral borders of the tongue is a high risk area.

Vote:
Hello, I was able to take a clearer picture today. I was wondering if you think this could have been caused by grinding my teeth and clenching my jaw? Is there anything I could do to reduce the redness or is something that is just going to be there? Thank you for taking the time to reply!
A00C2973-5937-4DD2-A0BF-CF7171F8FAA0.jpeg

Vote:

Ask a Question