Recurring white circular spreading lesion

8300081B-D59E-4F07-986F-B78EB09A125B.jpeg2568D4D8-4D93-424D-9F41-86E7813D32D7.jpeg Can anyone help me in narrowing down what this could be while I try to find an oral surgeon that can take my insurance. Many thanks! Starts a small dot and spreads out.

I had a biopsy done yesterday and should have some results in 2 weeks but weirdly they went away with the area swelled up. There’s still similarly looking ones on the underside of my tongue

Vote:
View attachment 1663View attachment 1664 Can anyone help me in narrowing down what this could be while I try to find an oral surgeon that can take my insurance. Many thanks! Starts a small dot and spreads out.
Oral cancer symptons- Red & white patches inside mouth-to-mouth lips, cheek, tongue, palate etc. Non healing patches. Numbness in areas. Persisting soarness. Dramatic weight loss. Radiating pain, once lesion (patches) grows. Lumps will grow. Unexplained bleeding from lumps. Neck, ear pain. Soarness. Difficulty in swallow. Lymph node enlarment. Etc.
* But you have not these symptoms. Also chronic use of alcohol, tobacco, smoking causes this or by HPV. So don't worry. An oral cancer red/white patches or lesion never healed by self.
This is a case of APTHOUS ULCER or CANKER SOARES causes by infection, vit-B complex deficiency, folic acid deiciency, zinc deficiency, useuof more junk foods, STRESS, use of more acidic food (soda), constipation, faulty nutrition deficient diet, irregular sleep, HPV infection,use of methotrexate, immune deficiency etc.
Also get your blood sugar test done. Due to sudden increase in blood sugar (not diabetes- it is a normal thing) it causes ulcer and lesion like this. Which subsides within few days.
Meet any physician to know about SYPHILIS.
* Suggestion- check your diet. Eat less carbohydrate food. Take more raw food veggie, fruits. Drink 3-4 liter water daily. Take Vit - B complex caps with folic acid & zinc. Use antiseptic gargle (1 spoon in a glass of water)- keep in mouth for 2-3 min/ twice a day. In case of infection, dentist would give you antibiotics. Meet a genuine dentist. Steroid gel will be prescribed to apply in ulcer.
Do exercise and try to come out of Stress.
Chance is you don't get cancer alert.

Last edited:

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I had a biopsy done yesterday and should have some results in 2 weeks but weirdly they went away with the area swelled up. There’s still similarly looking ones on the underside of my tongue
I really don't know. The lack of pain means it's not a canker sore (apthous ulcer), as these are always painful, and sores that large would be really terrible. I wonder if you have sort of epithelial defect. I'd be interested to hear what the biopsy results suggest. Good luck. :)

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I suspect it may be an autoimmune response. Since you mentioned that it would go away in about 3-5 days. When did it start? Did you use a new toothpaste, mouth rinse, herbal supplements, cinnamon products, medications, food coloring, etc.? It looks like a canker sore like Dr. MattKW mentioned but it is very painful. A medication that would help is a corticosteroid in dental paste like Triamcinolone which will mildly suppress the immune system around the lesion.

Under the tongue looks normal. That condition is called migratory glossitis or geographic tongue. If it is a tumor or cancer, the lesion would not go away in 3-5 days.

Vote:

Ask a Question