Recurring Gum Inflammation

Hello - I have been having recurring gum inflammation between my back two molars for the past few months. Main symptoms are pain from contacting the area when eating and bleeding when flossing. I had a deep cleaning performed about 1 month ago and the symptoms drastically improved, but about a week ago my gums began bleeding again and it feels like I am slowly regressing after only 1 month since having the deep cleaning. I practice good oral hygiene (floss one and brush twice daily and I am very gentle) and have been using salt water and CPC to help relieve some pain. I am a little lost because I do not want to continue going back to the dentist for this same issue if a deep cleaning didn't resolve it. Any advice on home remedies or should I have it looked at again?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Sorry, home remedies do not yield predictable and sustainable results. Unfortunately, your concerns are best discussed with your dentist and or periodontist. We don't have your x-rays to view your bone levels and no probing depth values and levels of inflammation.

Vote:
Hello - I have been having recurring gum inflammation between my back two molars for the past few months. Main symptoms are pain from contacting the area when eating and bleeding when flossing. I had a deep cleaning performed about 1 month ago and the symptoms drastically improved, but about a week ago my gums began bleeding again and it feels like I am slowly regressing after only 1 month since having the deep cleaning. I practice good oral hygiene (floss one and brush twice daily and I am very gentle) and have been using salt water and CPC to help relieve some pain. I am a little lost because I do not want to continue going back to the dentist for this same issue if a deep cleaning didn't resolve it. Any advice on home remedies or should I have it looked at again?
I have the same issue and it's difficult to resolve. Deep cleaning is not sustainable I agree.
As long as there are no holes feeding that infection, my dentist tells me that it could take a few months to heal. Mine has been there for a long time.

I have been using Periodontal Pics and dipping them in Alcohol based mouthwash, salt, and diluted essential oils like oregano, calendula, and clove to try to kill the infection, but after months I still get blood on the top of the pic and it's always sensitive.

I see this is what you have. There's probably bone recession there too.

Try the periodontal pics if you haven't already, and pull warm salty water through there after every clean. I've seen some improvement from that.

The response you received above isn't helpful. This is a forum, and asking questions like this is it's purpose.

Let me know what you discover.

Vote:

Ask a Question