Recurrent gum pimple on RCTd tooth

I am so glad to have found this forum.
I had an RCT done on a molar around 3 years ago. After close to a year, a pimple came out. I went back to the dentist and he retreated the tooth. However, the same thing happened after half a year. A pimple would frequently appear, leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. I only feel some mild pain when the pimple grows bigger than usual. I was hoping that it would go away on its own but it did not.

I finally decided to see my dentist for my peace of mind. He took an xray and said that the RCT looks fine and it could just be an infection on the gums. So he cleaned the gums and had me take antibiotics.
Below is the first xray (rctd molar.jpg), taken:

I came back after 3 days. The infection seemed to have subsided but I want to make sure it doesn't flare up again. Below is the full xray taken today (preview.jpg)

I would definitely appreciate all your help in looking into my case. What could be causing the reinfection and what are my treatment options?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Preview.jpg
    Preview.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 505
  • rctd molar.jpg
    rctd molar.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 455

Ask a Question