RCT TREATMENT

mmm

I am a dental student i treated lower 7 but i didn't finish, so i placed and non setting caOH in the canals and a cavit but i forgot to cover the office with a cotton! Is that okay or will it cause problems??
PLEASE ANSWER I AM SO WORRIED!

Solutions
mmm I have no idea but speaking as a patient I do find it really worrying that they let students carry out root canals unsupervised. I understand you have to learn but I think it should only happen in a fully supervised setting otherwise someone could lose their tooth! In a supervised setting you would have someone there to remind you.

Vote:

mmm

mmm I have no idea but speaking as a patient I do find it really worrying that they let students carry out root canals unsupervised. I understand you have to learn but I think it should only happen in a fully supervised setting otherwise someone could lose their tooth! In a supervised setting you would have someone there to remind you.
i asked if it was okay to put the cavit without the cotton not if the supervisor was doing his job correctly.. thank you for you irrelevant opinion

Vote:
i asked if it was okay to put the cavit without the cotton not if the supervisor was doing his job correctly.. thank you for you irrelevant opinion

Why are you posting on here instead of just asking your supervising DDS directly?
If anything happens to the patient, that is on YOU.
I'm a CDT and my husband is a retired dentist. If I knew where you were studying I would report this.

Shame on you for speaking to a patient so rudely. Keep up your attitude and I can promise you that when you become a dentist and open up your own practice, it will fail miserably.

Vote:
Solutions
I may be a patient, but I do work for a health authority. Hence my concern about patient safety.. Best of luck in your career mmmm.

Vote:
I am a dental student i treated lower 7 but i didn't finish, so i placed and non setting caOH in the canals and a cavit but i forgot to cover the office with a cotton! Is that okay or will it cause problems??
PLEASE ANSWER I AM SO WORRIED!

No it's okay to do that don't worry
Cavit doesn't block or do any harm to the cannals !
I guess u must have gotten the answer by now :p
But anyways :)
Good luck.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
No it's okay to do that don't worry
Cavit doesn't block or do any harm to the cannals !
I guess u must have gotten the answer by now :p
But anyways :)
Good luck.
Yes, the cotton is for the dentist's convenience, and can be a nice little breeding plug for the bacteria if you're a purist-type. But in the student world, maybe the convenience is a bigger priority. Geez, didn't the cotton whiz if you struck it with a high speed! :eek:

Vote:

Ask a Question