RCT done 4 years back. Infectious now.

I had gotten an RCT done around 4 years back. And was experiencing very mild pain infrequently over the past 3-4 months. I got this checked today and the dentist said that it wasn't done properly and has developed infection and will need an extraction of the tooth.
I consulted this with another dentist for this and he said that we can redo the RCT after using antibiotics for about 3 weeks (Not sure about the specifics) and then capping it again.
In your opinion, what would be the better option? Or should i get another consultation.

X-Ray.jpeg

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I noticed root resorption (the body is eating up the root tip). I think it is more predictable to pull this tooth. You can try to save it but the chances of the tooth lasting is very slim. The fused shape of the roots may make the tooth less retentive in the bone and could become loose and mobile. If you have no opposing back upper molar, your bite should be stable after extraction. If you do have an opposing molar, the top tooth may hyper erupt down after. You may consider an implant should this be the case

Vote:

Ask a Question