Rct 7 days after second treatment

Hi,
Last Friday I completed my second appointment on my rct on my first molar. The tooth was xrayed after and I was told that there was no infection present. However, 7 days later I am still feeling sensitivity from the tooth area.

Furthermore, when I tap the tooth from the inner side of the tooth I feel sensitivity pain from the tooth. However the tooth feels dead when applying full pressure on the tooth.

I'm not sure if the tooth area is still healing or my dentist missed a nerve in the tooth.

Is this normal to feel mild pain 7 days after second appointment or should I be concerned and contact my dentist incase the tooth has not been dealt with properly I just don't want to quistion my dentists skills if this kind of sensitivity is normal.
Thanks.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Do you perhaps have any x-rays of the root canal treated tooth? In some case a tooth can take a while to settle after the root canal has been completed.

Vote:
Thanks for the reply, I had a talk with my dentist and the tooth was fractured.

My dentist and I decided to extract the tooth and place a implant in the new year when the jaw has fully healed.

Vote:

Ask a Question