Rare Dental Implants

I received implants from an oral surgeon. These implants are apparently a rare brand and I have had trouble finding a dentist to put teeth on them. The two implants were for teeth that I genetically never had. The implants are located in my upper jaw where the lateral incisors should be. I recently found out the brand and type of implant I have but still can’t find a dentist familiar with my implants. The company is still in business so there has got to be someone out there that can help me. My implants are: “ Zimmer one piece screw vent implants.” I recently went to my 5th dentist and got sent to an oral surgeon who thought the implant was two pieces and tried to remove the lower half and put on a new abutment. This obviously didn’t work and then was told I needed them removed and it would be $7,000 plus for new ones. I already spent this much the first time to have them installed. There has gotta be a way to put teeth on my implants, that’s what they are made for right? Has anyone ever heard of this brand and style implant? Can someone please offer some help. Any help would be appreciated. The original oral surgeon who did the work is no longer in business.

This is what my implants looks like. Apparently the portion that sticks out of the gum is not something dentists are used to seeing. No dentist I’ve seen has any idea on how to put a tooth on it.

Attachments

• E5AE624F-19A7-43E8-B226-0E414CE9255F.png
    E5AE624F-19A7-43E8-B226-0E414CE9255F.png
    371 KB · Views: 39

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
This is what my implants looks like. Apparently the portion that sticks out of the gum is not something dentists are used to seeing. No dentist I’ve seen has any idea on how to put a tooth on it.
Have you tried contacting the parent company, Zimmer Biomet? They're not a small company. They might be able to give you address details of some of the dentists who buy and use their implants.Ususally the surgeon who places the implants would have some local dentists he works hand-in-hand with.

Vote:

Ask a Question