Rapid plaque build up

Best answers
Hi. I am 48 years old and have a problem regarding rapid plaque build up. I regularly visit my dentist to clean my teeth, every 4-5 months actually. I visit that often because my teeth, particularly the front lower ones, accumulate plaque quite fast. I brush regularly and use floss too but still the problem persists. My dentist tells me it is because of the thick saliva. I asked him if there is anything I can do but he has no answer except to come to the clinic more often for cleaning. I want a permanent solution. It's embarrassing when people see my teeth, they might think I don't take care of my oral hygiene. Please help. Thanks.

Ad

Advertisements

Best answers
You can try some home remedies if you don't want to spend the time and money going to your dentist every other month.
I would advise doing some oil pulling (virgin coconut oil works really well for removing plaque/tartar) once to twice a week or you could use some baking soda and salt. Be careful not to use too much baking soda as it can be harmful to your enamel.

Ask a Question