Quite a bit of pain 4 days after tooth extraction

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for this forum. I am in some pain and don't know what to do.

So I have had teeth extracted before and never felt this kind of pain.

Here's the story: The reason I had number 18 tooth extracted (second molar) was, because it was digging into my tongue and making my tongue swollen. The tooth itself was fine. No pain. There was no pain on the tongue either even though it was really swollen on that side. So I had no pain before my 18 tooth was pulled.

Here's the kicker, the pain is not where the actual tooth was pulled so I know it's not dry socket or anything like that. There is no pain where the tooth was pulled what so ever, but everywhere around it is pain. The bad pain I am experiencing is on the right side of my throat, under the right side of my tongue and more towards the front of my teeth. The pain feels like someone scratched in these areas to death, feels like freddy kuger scratched it up in there and the pain towards my right front teeth is a very sore pain. The motrin is easing the pain but I am not sure for how long. This is four days after tooth extraction.

So to recap, I had my number 18 tooth removed 4 days ago. I don't have my wisdom teeth anymore (been gone for 20 years). Number 19 and 20 have been extracted 10 years ago, never gave me any problems after they were extracted. So the pain is in my 22 tooth area. It's just so crazy to me that I feel the pain all the way up there when I don't have 18, 19, or 20 anymore. There is no pain where 19 and 20 use to be. So the areas that I am feeling a lot of pain in are number 22/23 teeth, under my the right side of my tongue right where 18 was taken out, then the right side of my throat (which scares me), and near my ear area.

I am really concerned. I don't have a fever. I don't notice any scratches but it's so hard to see inside of my mouth. Any ideas? Thank you so much for any help. I'm in a lot of pain.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
What you're experiencing is rare. I'm not able to picture your problem. Hopefully you can return for proper followup.

Vote:

Ask a Question