Question (with pictures)

Solutions
What is the brown area on my gums above both of my crowns? Is that part of the crown? In the other picture, I have a bump with a red dot in the middle. I seem to recall biting my cheek there. Is this some kind of cyst/injury? Thanks
2019-06-11-09-19-07.jpg
2019-06-11-09-19-41.jpg

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The brownish area appears to be exposed dentine that the old crown doesn't cover. It is usually of no significance.
The bump is most likely the opening of Stensen's duct (from the parotid salivary gland). There's a little flap of skin over the duct opening and on rare occasions it gets a bit swollen or bitten. Leave it alone.

Vote:
Solutions
The brownish area appears to be exposed dentine that the old crown doesn't cover. It is usually of no significance.
The bump is most likely the opening of Stensen's duct (from the parotid salivary gland). There's a little flap of skin over the duct opening and on rare occasions it gets a bit swollen or bitten. Leave it alone.
Thank you so much. Maybe this is why I'm having a swollen feeling in my parotoid gland area under my jaw?

Vote:

Ask a Question