Question for Dentists / Clinic & Practice Owners

Hey all!

What's the number 1 pain point in your day-to-day operations?

What's one area of running a clinic you need the most help with?

For me:

Thing I hate: scheduling. We still rely on phone calls and appointment requests through our website. I hate how there's no accountability for the patient and it's not really their fault as they often forget or don't feel all to obligated to respect the appointment. Makes some days go haywire, and others be dead quiet (not ideal)

Thing I need help: Acquiring new patients and activating existing ones. Direct mail and ads in the local paper used to work, but the neighborhood has changed over the years and everyone is online. I tried hiring a social media manager but the results were worse than direct mail. Having trouble getting patients to WANT to come in for regular hygiene appointments. Hygiene makes up about half of my total production, and I'd like to get it higher so I can start transitioning away from day-to-day practice.

Curious to know everyone else's thoughts. Whether any of the above resonates with you or if there are other issues and areas for improvement that you're facing.

Cheers

- a frustrated Dentist who owns his own practice

Ask a Question