Question about chlorhexidine for my gums

P

pearly whites

Hi, does chlorhexidine restore or fix gingivitis if used properly, yes or no? OR is it just a sales gimic like listerine? It does say on the bottle I have that it has a antiseptic like in versions of listerine and because of that I am weary, also because by using chlorhexidine without knowing the truth about what it does to my gums or the body, I do not want to risk damaging my teeth/losing my teeth and major gum receedence to where I loose my gums all the way by using this. I think I already have gingivitis or something similar and my gums have wore down on some of my teeth.

Chlorhexidine is known to treat gingivitis, just use it well. Be reminded that this will may stain your dentures, teeth, tongue or tooth restorations.

Vote:
P

pearly whites

Ok so let me get this straight. are you saying that it does cure/fix gingervites 100% completely after using it just once or a certain amount of times? If not then what does it do? or what do you mean by "TREAT" it. Are you a dentist?

Vote:
Chlorhexidine is an antibacterial rinse and therefore it does treat gingivitis in conjunction with brushing and flossing. Be reminded to use chlorhexidine only for 2 weeks at a time as it is linked to cause staining of teeth.

Vote:
P

pearly whites

Ok so does Chlorohexidine cure gingivitis 100% YES? or NO? that's all I need to know about that. either a yes or a no, it's simple.

Vote:

Ask a Question