question about bridge preparation

Hi, I lost a tooth last year due to an abcess , it was my right lateral incisor, my teeth aren't unhealthy though and this year I asked my dentist if I could get a bridge because I hate wearing my partial denture. Anyway yesterday I went to the dentist to get my teeth drilled in preparation for the bridge and was told my canine was strong enough to support it on its own because he didn't want to drill 2 healthy teeth. So he drilled the canine tooth and he put what I'm assuming is temporary dental cement around the canine he drilled and partially on my first premolar (im assuming to protect it?) The thing is I've woke up this morning and it's come off, I'm not due back at the dentist untill ill this cause problems when I go to get my bridge done?

Hopefully you wont have that problem when you go back for the final restoration. We use temporary cement while we're waiting for the bridge to be made. Once it's made we use permanent cement to seat it. I would still let the dentist know what happened.

Vote:

Ask a Question