pyridium stains on teeth

A few days ago I had the feeling like I was going to get a urinary track infection. So I took one pill of the product pyridium and while it was in my mouth it started to melt before I could swallow it down with water. As a result, my teeth and inside of my mouth is now a yellow orange. I use the Colgate whitening toothpaste anyway but also purchased whitening strips but the stains are still there. I did an internet search and found that not only will the dye in this drug stain clothing and contact lenses but also permanently stain teeth. Since the bleaching agent in the toothpaste and whitening strips hasn't worked what can I do about this horrible situation short of getting veneers?

Just want to add that while doing the internet search found that there is only one thing that will remove this dye .25% Sodium Dithonate or Sodium Hydrosulfite, but since this is for objects and not people I'm assuming that using a product like this to remove the stains on teeth can potentially poison you. So that's out. Also, do I have a case for litigation since there is no warning on the package? Too, shouldn't a product like this be in capsule form instead of an easy to melt tablet form? :eek:

Hi, I also had this happen to my teeth after taking pyridium. Did you find anything worked to remove the stains from your teeth? Your response is much appreciated!

A few days ago I had the feeling like I was going to get a urinary track infection. So I took one pill of the product pyridium and while it was in my mouth it started to melt before I could swallow it down with water. As a result, my teeth and inside of my mouth is now a yellow orange. I use the Colgate whitening toothpaste anyway but also purchased whitening strips but the stains are still there. I did an internet search and found that not only will the dye in this drug stain clothing and contact lenses but also permanently stain teeth. Since the bleaching agent in the toothpaste and whitening strips hasn't worked what can I do about this horrible situation short of getting veneers?

Just want to add that while doing the internet search found that there is only one thing that will remove this dye .25% Sodium Dithonate or Sodium Hydrosulfite, but since this is for objects and not people I'm assuming that using a product like this to remove the stains on teeth can potentially poison you. So that's out. Also, do I have a case for litigation since there is no warning on the package? Too, shouldn't a product like this be in capsule form instead of an easy to melt tablet form? :eek:

Vote:

Ask a Question