put a crown on a good tooth!

My dentist is new. At first he was good. Never paid for anything. All my service is paid by insurance which are mainly cleaning and xray - which is what I need ONLY on a dentist. my teeth are fine all the dentist and hygeniest I go to says so.

My dilemma began when his assistant called me to say my insurance had approved a procedure for a tooth that's bothering me. My teeth is fine all of the hygienist was telling me that including his.

I knew I made the wrong decision by saying yes to it. I did receive the insurance paper. One of them said - root canal therapy biscuspid. Which is the procedure that was questionable to me coz that tooth is fine, it is not hurting me at all!!!

So imagine my utter shock when he was making a temp crown for it and I put my tongue on that tooth and it was gone! He solder that tooth away coz that's the one I see smoke coming out of it. Can you solder and melt the tooth away like that? I was like WTF...

And so that tooth that's not giving me pain, hurt for a week! It hurt so bad I woke up in pain. It eventually subsided. Now comes the perm crown, it feels big. So he proceeded to drill the tooth under it and the crown itself! He said if the glass is rough that he calls me he can fix it. I honestly am more mad at myself that I did not just cancel.

By the way I did call the next day after I said yes coz I honestly am having 2nd thoughts about it. I ask the dentist what exactly is wrong with my tooth. He said he is basically making my chewing side, the right side, stronger. Oh it's stronger alright, I had not chewed on that side since the procedure!!! How is putting a crown on GOOD tooth making it stronger?!!!!

Why did he put a crown on my good teeth? Please tell me why?

Last edited:
Thanks. I meant to upload it but forgot. The new crown was put on my right side. Between my canine and another crown. That crown on my right side (the one you see here) was legit since I was having intense pain and it had to have root canal.

Now this new crown is called root canal therapy bicuspid. Can you tell me if he really did what was in the procedure paper? And why? This tooth feels fine and I was having no problem. And how can he solder melt that tooth away? LOL.

I feel nothing the entire procedure just a bit of sting here and there. About the financial gain that's why I am here. I think that too but my husband likes our new dentist he said he does not strike him as that kind of dentist.

I prefer to preserve my real teeth. That's my main cause of disappointment with this dentist. Oh by the way this xray was before the new crown. So tell me if that particular tooth really needs that root canal therapy bicuspid procedure.

Attachments

• xray1.jpg
    xray1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 330
  • xray2.jpg
    xray2.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I believe the tooth is #5 between #4 previous crown & root canal & #6 canine. Unfortunately I cannot see off the first bite-wing x-ray and it is not clear on the 2nd pano. If it is not legitimate, the insurance won't pay for it.

Vote:

Ask a Question