Pus on gum

i had small spot on top gum which popped when i touched it. I had a dentist appointment so told her but she didn't seem concerned just said keep an eye on it. 4 months later and it has come up few times more but not as big as i put my nail on it and it goes away. i went back to my dentist as bit concerned so she took an xray. she said there is nothing there. i am really concerned can anyone help?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Without a photo or x-ray it is difficult to give an opinion, but it might be that you have a draining sinus from a possible abscess on one of your teeth. This can be painless and can go through periods where it comes and goes.
Will need more info to give a better opinion.

Vote:
Hi Dr M.
Thanks for replying. It came up again the other day, I tried to get a photo but didn’t really show too well. If it is a draining sinus from a possible abscess on one of my teeth would that not show on an X-ray? I’m concerned but dentist is not so how will I get it sorted?! Will a hygienist be able to help if I booked an appointment?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you have a draining sinus, there should be some evidence of which tooth is giving you a problem. Unfortunately a hygienist won't be of much help if an abscess is the case

Vote:
Thanks for replying. I really don’t know what to do. I have no other problem other than the pus, which is on the gum above top left incisors. So I am unable to give the dentist any other information and nothing is showing up on the X-ray so dentist is just saying there is nothing there. I’m surely not getting the pus for no reason so what ever it is l want it sorted before it gets worse. Getting very frustrated as do not know what to do next!

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The only other option is that the puss is due to a periodontal problem i.e gum issue. Don't know when last you've had a cleaning done?
If your dentist can't do the cleaning, then an oral hygienist might be of some assistance.

Vote:
Thank you very much for all your replies. I have booked in with hygienist but earliest they can do is beginning of Aug! She has put me on short list so may get in earlier if they have cancellations. I am concerned about waiting all that time, that whatever it is will just get worse. I am also very upset that I have been to see my dentist twice about it and feel like I haven’t been taken seriously. I have no idea what it is so rely on my dentist and all this waiting and nothing being done it will only be getting worse!
sorry for going on. Thanks again for answering my questions.

Vote:

Ask a Question