Pulp cap questions

4 days ago I had a pulp cap done. My dentist said my filling was very deep and that is why he did it. The nurse said I may have some sensitivity with cold/hot liquids or when chewing.

For the most part I have felt good. I am favoring it and trying to eat on the opposite side. I also drink from a straw when I can.

Every once in a while I feel a mild sensation in the tooth. I would say it is a very very mild pain (a 1 on a scale of 1-10) I took some advil the first time I noticed it (the day after the procedure) and until today (4th day after the procedure) I haven't noticed it again.

What is normal following a pulp cap? Should I call my dentist?
I will be out of town for 2 weeks (getting married soon) and I am leaving tonight. I have a dentist back home that I trust....do you think I should see them when I get in?

appreciate the help! :)

4 days ago I had a pulp cap done. My dentist said my filling was very deep and that is why he did it. The nurse said I may have some sensitivity with cold/hot liquids or when chewing.

For the most part I have felt good. I am favoring it and trying to eat on the opposite side. I also drink from a straw when I can.

Every once in a while I feel a mild sensation in the tooth. I would say it is a very very mild pain (a 1 on a scale of 1-10) I took some advil the first time I noticed it (the day after the procedure) and until today (4th day after the procedure) I haven't noticed it again.

What is normal following a pulp cap? Should I call my dentist?
I will be out of town for 2 weeks (getting married soon) and I am leaving tonight. I have a dentist back home that I trust....do you think I should see them when I get in?

appreciate the help! :)

There could be microleakage in the restoration that might cause that sensitivity that's one thing. Second, it depends on the kind of material that the dentist used for the pulp capping some materials are irritant to the pulp. And yes, you should get it checked out.

Vote:

Ask a Question