Problems With Fillings

I have had several fillings in my life. None of them that have been as complicated as the set I just received. I went in for a cleaning probably 8 months ago and they told me I had cavities forming. to which they told me to keep flossing, and they shouldn't be an issue. Are you kidding me? If they are already cavities, what good will that do me? Plus, I always floss and brush everyday, so it's obviously not doing me any good. But anyway, I went back in December and they told me I had to get four teeth drilled and filled. One of them had become pretty deep. I went in to the dentist last Thursday for my appointment, where they numbed me and started/ I believe I received two silver, and two composite. One on the bottom he messed up, and had to redrill and fill. No more than 45 minutes after he stuck the novacaine needle in my mouth, I was walking out the door. Seems pretty quick, right? But anyway, I had never had any discomfort with fillings before this. Anything cold does not settle well, though I'm fine with hot. My gums are sore, and I get dull headaches every night. I wake up with no headaches, and by 7 pm, I get a dull ache that lasts until I fall asleep. I went back to the dentist, and he told me I had a "high", so he grinded it down to make my bite better. He ran an X-Ray, and it shows that one filling on the bottom right, where I am having most of my discomfort, is too close to one of my other teeth. When I floss that tooth, it just shreds the floss. It's a pretty significant ledge between my teeth. So they scheduled another appointment to have that one redone on the 30th. I have two more on the other side that I have to get done in February, but I plan to switch dentists before I have those done. This current one has caused me too much trouble, and money. By the way, this was the first set of fillings I had done with this dentist. I went to another dentist before I found out I had cavities forming. What should I do?

Ask a Question