Problem Root Canal

Hi All

I had a root filling done in October 14, after a dental absess on an upper tooth, suddenly appeared overnight and my face swelled up. That was completed adequately, after a course of antibiotics and a root fillings completed, however after 3 weeks I had a large lump feeling under my nose. When I phoned my dentist up, he told me that it was the tooth repairing itself and that it was normal and it can take weeks / months for it to repair fully.

4 days later my face swelled up again with another dental absess. When I finally got back to see the dentist, a tooth, 2 to the right of the original root filling, had to be root filled aswell. That was completed at the beginning of December 14.

6 days ago, the original tooth that was root filled started to feel really numb and a little strange. It would come and go, but when I was out jogging, every foot impact on the ground was felt through the tooth. I went back to the dentist 2 days ago, and they did an xray. The dentist says there is nothing there and that the space above the tooth appears to be repairing and the nerves are blood supply and bone are regenerating.

However, I have woke up today and under my nose feelings tight and slight swollen and the space under my nose feels numb. I haven't got any pain in any teeth, apart from this numbness in the original tooth root filled.

I am starting to loose complete confidence in my dentist. I have been with him for a number of years.

The question is, is this normal ? Can it take months for everything to repair ? and how can my face feel swollen again if the xray shows nothing ? I don't want to phone my dentist again, because he may think I am nuts, but I know how it feels are the moment.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Paddy

Ask a Question