Problem a year after root canal and crown

A little over a year ago, I had a root canal and permanent crown on my #17 molar. There were no problems with the surgery or the crown placement, and a few days later everything was fine with no pain or discomfort present. But a couple of weeks ago, I noticed an odd sensitivity in that tooth. I do not have pain when I chew or wash cold water over it, but if I touch the tooth or swirl my tongue over it, I have a pain similar to when my endo was removing the temporary crown. I do not have any pain in my jaw. Since the nerve was removed, where is this sensitivity coming from? I should mention that my #18 molar was extracted about 5 years ago and never replaced, but I haven't had any problems with that situation either.

Thank you.

It is true that after root canal treatment the tooth takes sometime to settle down and it is sensitive and painful for sometime. If your dentist is sure that there is no infection and everything is fine then you should be worried. As the tooth was already compromised so it can take more time than normal to become normal. So wait for another week or two. Just get is checked whether the occlusion is fine because sometimes if the crown is high then pain is there and it takes more time for pain to go.

Vote:

Ask a Question